Our award winning and highly regarded Agricultural & Rural Services Team has been dealing with land owning and farming legal issues for many years, with most of our advisors actually heralding from farming families themselves. Four of our Partners grew up on farms and continue to be actively involved in farming.
We offer comprehensive legal advice on non-contentious and contentious aspects of both private client and commercial matters relating to agricultural and rural business clients. We have the strength in depth to advise in relation to very complex farming business issues and the flexibility in being able to address the more obscure problems that rural practice can produce.
Our expert agricultural & rural advice covers:
- Land sales and acquisitions including farm and estate sales & purchases
- Succession planning
- Inheritance Tax Planning
- Finance including advice on legal charges and independent legal advice for lenders
- Agricultural tenancies including advice in relation to Agricultural Holdings Act tenancies, farm business tenancies and agricultural work tenancies
- Partnerships including partnership agreements and restructuring
- Joint Ventures including grazing agreements, share farming and contract farming
- Diversification including business tenancies, renewables and mines & minerals
- The Common Agricultural Policy including advice in relation to Single Farm Payments (SFP) and environmental stewardship
- Equine matters including livery agreements and equestrian leases & licensing
- Sporting Rights including registration and shooting & fishing licences
- Farm and estate management including access, water, residential tenancies and service occupancies
FBC Manby Bowdler is recognised annually as having the leading specialist law team servicing the agricultural sector in the West Midlands, Shropshire and beyond.
Legal 500 2016: The Agricultural & Rural Services Team was recognised as a top tier team in the West Midlands.
"FBC Manby Bowdler LLP has ‘a very knowledgeable and helpful team’, which has recently assisted with the restructuring of a large family farming business. It also advised on the dissolution of a farm partnership. Steven Corfield heads the department, and Tom Devey and Sarah Baugh are recommended."
Partner and Head of the Agricultural & Rural Department, Steven Corfield, is recognised as a leading individual and was ranked in the Legal 500 'elite lawyers' list.
Chambers UK 2017: The Agricultural & Rural Services Team has been ranked in Band 1 for Shrewsbury and the Surrounding areas.
"They are very good, well known, have an established client base and I am happy to deal with them."
"In terms of tenancies, they're probably the best in Shropshire. They're good at the nitty-gritty."
Steven Corfield leads the team. He advises on partnership agreements, sporting and mineral rights, renewable energy projects and freehold and leasehold issues. A client says: "I like the fact that he is very knowledgeable and can put that knowledge into practice as well as looking at practical ways to move forward. He is also very efficient."
If you have an enquiry in relation to an agricultural issue or simply want to speak to a member of our expert Team for further information and guidance, please use the request a call back or make an enquiry option to get in touch.