Charities and Not for Profit Organisations
Our Team of specialist lawyers have extensive experience of delivering practical, commercial advice and legal solutions to charities and not for profit organisations to enable them to operate successfully, and effectively meet their beneficiaries’ needs.
Our focus is on building a long term relationship with our clients, enabling us to understand their objectives and focus on how we can add value to their organisation, through the legal advice we provide.
Our multi-disciplined Charities Team brings together a number of legal advisors already undertaking legal work for charities, allowing them to work closely together and with solicitors from our employment, property, corporate, dispute resolution and private client teams to provide clients with a bespoke and expert service.
Our Charities’ Solicitors specialise in:
- Charity Start-Ups
- Charitable Incorporated Organisations (CIOs)
- Conversion to Corporate or CIO Status
- Mergers and Joint Ventures
- Property Acquisitions and Disposals
- Trustees’ Duties
- Constitutional Reviews
- Governance - Duties and Powers of Trustees
- Trading and Trading Subsidiaries
- Churches and Religious Charities
- Registered Social Landlords
- Charity Commission Enquiries
In addition we also have expertise in the following areas which may be of assistance to charities or their trading subsidiaries:
- Business Contracts
- Intellectual Property
- Commercial Litigation and Dispute Resolution
- Borrowing and Security
The Charity Team is recommended in the 2012 Legal 500 Directory. FBC Manby Bowdler LLP continues to advise a Diocesan Board of Finance and a Diocesan Trust on a range of issues, and acts for a number of local independent school charities. Stuart Rea is the key contact.
Your next step
- 1. Who will you be dealing with? Meet the Charities and Not for Profit Organisations Team
- 2. Let us call you. Request a call back
- 3. Do you have any questions? Email an enquiry
- 4. Online help and advice: Visit Online Resources