IP, Technology & Media Law
Our Intellectual Property, Technology & Media Law Team is able to offer you comprehensive legal advice and guidance in respect of all intellectual property and information technology legal matters; with a focus on delivering dynamic and innovative solutions that meet your requirements. The Team has extensive experience of advising clients in relation to contentious and non contentious aspects of commercial Intellectual Property, Information Technology and Media Law.
All of our dedicated specialists deal with IP, IT and Media matters on a daily basis and remain fully conversant and up to date with ongoing technological developments in order that they can provide succinct and contemporary legal advice to you. Our Team has a detailed knowledge and understanding in the four principle areas of Intellectual Property Law, namely copyright, trade marks, designs and patents and in addition can also offer advice and assistance in the areas of confidential information and trade secrets.
Advice is also offered in relation to all new media technologies and content; e-commerce; digital technologies and emerging digital platforms inclusive of all types of contract negotiations and commercial litigation.
We endeavor to simplify what is a complex subject and use straightforward effective language, so you can fully understand your position and opportunity.
Intellectual Property Rights are amongst the most valuable assets owned in business, but at the same time are the least obvious and often the least recognised so it is important that you consult with one of our Team members to ensure your IPR are protected against exploitation.
Our Intellectual Property, Technology and Media Law Solicitors specialise in:
- Brand Protection - Registration and Protection of Trade Marks
- Commercialisation of Intellectual Property Rights and Enforcement of these Rights
- Copyright Advice and Licensing
- Data Protection
- Defamation on the Internet
- Design Rights Protection
- Digital Rights Management
- Domain Name Protection and Disputes
- Escrow Agreements
- Franchise Agreements
- Image Rights
- Intellectual Property (IP) Audits, Infringements and Disputes
- Misuse of Confidential Information
- Non-disclosure Agreements
- Patent Licensing
- Patentability of Inventions and Software
- Passing Off
- Outsourcing Agreements
- Protection of Trade Secrets
- Sale and Purchase of Software and Technology Businesses
- Securing IP Rights
- Service Level Agreements
- Theft of Intellectual Property
- Trade Mark Licensing
- Software Development Agreements, Disputes and Licenses
- Software and Hardware Procurement
The IP, Technology & Media Law Team is recommended in the Legal 500 Directory. "FBC Manby Bowdler LLP’s Stuart Rea is ‘knowledgeable’. Recent work includes advising on wide-ranging e-commerce documentation for a significant new website."