Any business that operates in the entertainment and leisure industry needs to ensure they have the correct licences in place.
We can advise and assist you in all aspects of licensing and compliance from the initial stages of making an application to ongoing operational issues. Within the firm we have specialists who are able to advise in relation to planning issues and the sale or purchase of licensed premises.
To help you manage this process and keep up to date on law relating to licensed premises, we can provide you and your employees with basic legal training and regular legal updates, to ensure you have all of the knowledge and support you require going forward.
Our licensing legal advice covers:
- Applications for grant/ variation/ transfer of premises licences
- Applications for personal licences
- Liaison with police, fire and other responsible authorities
- Representation before council committees
- Appeals to magistrates' court against council decisions
- Advice on health and safety including fire safety; also noise nuisance; underage sales
- Representation at PACE interview and defence of criminal prosecutions
- Sales and purchases
We also offer advice in relation to shotgun / firearm licensing and taxi licensing.