Legal Secretary | Shrewsbury (Temp)
We are currently seeking to fill a Legal Secretary vacancy on a temporary basis (9 Months) at our offices at Juneau House, Shrewsbury.
The successful applicant will work within the Litigation department at our Shrewsbury office, supporting our fee earners in the work they do on behalf of the Firm’s clients, ensuring continuity of service and client care.
- To support the Department in the management of the secretarial workload, ensuring department priorities are met.
- To support all fee earners within the department in the production of files by typing dictated work as directed.
- To support fee earners in the maintenance of files by effective file management.
- To assist fee earners in dealing with file related queries either face to face or by telephone.
- To ensure internal and external clients are dealt with efficiently and that appropriate legal matters are raised with the fee earner within the context of the Client Charter.
- To assist in general office administration and in the locating of files when necessary.
- To answer all external and internal telephone calls efficiently and politely and take messages, as necessary.
- To ensure that all compliance matters, internal methods, systems, policies and procedures are adhered to.
- To manage own work allocation, productivity and quality of work with minimum supervision.
- Any other duties as required from time to time.
Technical / Professional Expertise Required
- Minimum of 2 years’ relevant experience
- Proficient with Microsoft applications
- Good working knowledge of the firm’s accounting and practice systems
- Practical experience of audio typing (preferably legal) and handling client enquiries
To apply for this role, please email your CV and covering letter to email@example.com, quoting Ref: SH-FE-0417#1.