FBC Manby Bowdler LLP collect, use and are responsible for certain personal information about you. When we do so we are regulated under the General Data Protection Regulation which applies across the European Union (including in the United Kingdom) and we are responsible as ‘controller’ of that personal information for the purposes of those laws.
This policy applies to information we collect about:
- visitors to our website including those that contact us via Live Chat
- people who do business with us or register for our service
The information we collect about you
We collect personal information from you when you access our website, register for any of our services, contact us, send us feedback or pay our bill.
We collect this personal information from you either directly, such as when you register for any of our services via our website or indirectly, such as your browsing activity while on our website (see ‘Cookies’ below).
The personal information we collect is:
- postal address
- email address
- telephone number
- details of any feed back information
- bank account and payment details
- information about the services we provide to you
How we will use the information about you
We gather this information to allow us to provide the services requested or pay our bill. The relevant information is then used by us to communicate with you on any matter relating to the conduct of your instructions in general If you agree, we may also contact you about other products and services we think may be of interest to you.
We may also use aggregate information and statistics for the purposes of monitoring website usage in order to help us to develop our website and our services. We may also provide such aggregate information to third parties. These statistics will not include information that can be used to identify you.
We may also wish to provide you with information on our events or other legal service(s) we think may be of interest to you. If you would rather not receive this information, please send a blank email message to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line UNSUBSCRIBE. If you agree to us providing you with marketing information, you can always opt out at a later date.
Cookies and other information-gathering technologies
For more information on which cookies we use and how we use them, see our Cookies policy.
How we protect your information
We have put in place the following security procedures and technical and organisational measures to safeguard your personal information.
All access to the hosted systems is controlled by use of uniquely assigned, anonymised logins secured by mandatory complex password policies, along with group policies that define and restrict access to authorised services, software and data. Access to the service is normally delivered through Remote Desktop Services (RDS) or Citrix, with a minimum of 128-bit encryption. Data is stored in highly resilient Storage Area Network (SAN) equipment, with customer data help in logically separated areas.
We will use all reasonable efforts to safeguard your personal information. However, you should be aware that the use of the Internet is not entirely secure and for this reason we cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal information which is transferred from you or to you via the Internet.
How long we keep your information
We will keep your information for only as long as is necessary. This means in the case of payment information this will be retained for 6 years but all other information will be reviewed annually and if we have not have any communication from you within the previous 12 month period, your information will be deleted.
Links to other websites
We do not routinely transfer personal information outside the European Economic Area (EEA). However if this is necessary we will take steps to ensure adequate protections are in place to ensure the security of your information. By submitting your information you consent to these transfers for the purposes specified above.
Access to your information and updating and correcting your information
Under the General Data Protection Regulation you have a number of important rights free of charge. In summary, those include rights to:
- access to your personal information and to certain other supplementary information that this Privacy Notice is already designed to address
- require us to correct any mistakes in your information which we hold
- require the erasure of personal information concerning you in certain situations
- receive the personal information concerning you which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to a third party in certain situations
- object at any time to processing of personal information concerning you for direct marketing
- object in certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal information
- otherwise restrict our processing of your personal information in certain circumstances
For full details on all the rights, including the circumstances in which they apply, see the Guidance from the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) on individuals rights under the General Data Protection Regulation.
If you would like to exercise any of those rights, please:
- email, call or write to Lyn Coughlan, Risk and Compliance Manager, e-mail: email@example.com, telephone 01902 392451, write to George House, St John’s Square, Wolverhampton, WV2 4BZ
- let us have enough information to identify you
- let us have proof of your identity and address (a copy of your driving licence or passport and a recent utility or credit card bill), and
- let us know the information to which your request relates
How to complain
We hope that we can resolve any query or concern you raise about our use of your information. The General Data Protection Regulation also gives you right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the European Union (or European Economic Area) state where you work, normally live or where any alleged infringement of data protection laws occurred. The supervisory authority in the UK is the Information Commissioner who may be contacted at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/ or telephone: [0303 123 1113].
How to contact us
Please contact us if you have any questions about this privacy notice or the information we hold about you. If you wish to contact us , please send an email to Lyn Coughlan, firstname.lastname@example.org or, write to George House, St John’s Square, Wolverhampton, WV2 4BZ, or call 01902 392451.
Do you need extra help?