- A new local plan comprising a Local Plan Strategy and a Site Allocations and Development Policies document is in progress. Consultations on the proposed changes to the Local Plan Strategy ended on 1 June 2016
- Saved policies of the Congleton Borough Local Plan First Review, the Borough of Crewe and Nantwich Replacement Local Plan, the Macclesfield Borough Local Plan, the Cheshire Replacement Minerals Local Plan and the Cheshire Replacement Waste Local Plan apply
- As of September 2014 the Council says it has a 6.08 year housing land supply
- No CIL schedule is in place but work is underway on producing one
Cheshire West and Chester
- Cheshire West and Chester Local Plan (Part One) Strategic Policies was adopted on 29 January 2015
- A Local Plan (Part Two) Land Allocations and Detailed Policies document is in the process of drafting
- As of March 2015 the Council says it has a 6.83 year housing land supply
- A preliminary draft CIL charging schedule was recently consulted on. The next stage will be production of a draft charging schedule.
Beneath the primary policy framework, each Council has a series of Supplementary Planning Policies and many communities have developed or are working on Neighbourhood Plans, all of which will affect the way that the Council makes decisions about development in your area.