- The Core Strategy was adopted on 24 February 2011 and covers the period up to 2026
- The Site Allocations and Management of Development (SAMDev) Plan was adopted on 17 December 2015. The plan contains proposals for the use of land and policies to guide development to help deliver the Vision and Objectives of the Core Strategy
- As of November 2015 the Council says it has a 5.53 year Housing Land Supply
- A CIL Schedule came into effect on the 1 January 2012 – the levy is charged on new residential floorspace
Telford & Wrekin Council
- The Core Strategy (adopted on 1 December 2007) is the local plan covering the period up to 2016.Current policy also includes 88 saved policies within the Wrekin Local Plan
- The Core Strategy will be replaced in 2016 by the Telford & Wrekin Local Plan which will cover the period to 2031. A publication version has been produced consultation has recently ended.
- As of April 2015 the Council says it has a 10.9 year housing land supply
- The introduction of a CIL remains under review
Beneath the primary policy framework, each Council has a series of Supplementary Planning Policies and many communities have developed or are working on Neighbourhood Plans, all of which will affect the way that the Council makes decisions about development in your area.