Legal Secretary | Family, Divorce & Childcare (Wolverhampton)
We are currently seeking to fill a Legal Secretary vacancy in our Family, Divorce & Childcare Department in Wolverhampton. Ref: WV-FE-0818#1.
The successful applicant will work within the Family, Divorce & Childcare Department at our Wolverhampton office, supporting our fee earners in the work they do on behalf of the Firm’s clients, ensuring continuity of service and client care.
- To support the Department in the management of the secretarial workload, ensuring department priorities are met.
- To support all fee earners within the department in the production of files by typing dictated work as directed.
- To support fee earners in the maintenance of files by effective file management.
- To assist fee earners in dealing with file related queries either face to face or by telephone.
- To ensure internal and external clients are dealt with efficiently and that appropriate legal matters are raised with the fee earner within the context of the Client Charter.
- To assist in general office administration and in the locating of files when necessary.
- To answer all external and internal telephone calls efficiently and politely and take messages, as necessary.
- To ensure that all compliance matters, internal methods, systems, policies and procedures are adhered to.
- To manage own work allocation, productivity and quality of work with minimum supervision.
- Any other duties as required from time to time.
Technical / Professional Expertise Required
- Minimum of 2 years’ relevant experience in Family law
- Proficient with Microsoft applications
- Good working knowledge of the firm’s accounting and practice systems
- Practical experience of audio typing (preferably legal) and handling client enquiries
To apply for this role, please email your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting Ref: WV-FE-0818#1.