Michael studied Law with the Chartered Institute of Legal Executives, completing his studies in 2018 and going on to qualify as a Chartered Legal Executive in 2019. Michael previously worked as a Paralegal in Medical Negligence, helping to secure compensation for clients while also working on Court of Protection matters, assisting clients with significant brain injuries in the management of compensation received from personal injury claims.
Michael was promoted to the role of Associate in the Personal Injury Department in 2022 and is a member of the Firms Medical Negligence Team. Michael specialises in Clinical Negligence claims including delays in diagnosis, surgical errors, orthopaedic injuries and brain and spinal injuries. Michael also works with bereaved families to provide support and guidance, and, working alongside specialist Barristers, provides legal representation at Inquests. Michael has experience of dealing with a range of issues which can arise during the Coroners investigations, including breaches of the Human Rights Act.
Michael is recognised as a key lawyer in the leading Legal 500 2024 Directory and is also ranked as an 'Associate to watch' in Chambers & Partners 2024.
Before finding a career in law, Michael worked as a school laboratory technician, mixing chemicals and carrying out fun experiments.
Past Cases & Professional Experience
- Compensation successfully claimed for hearing loss arising from negligent care
- Compensation paid to family following avoidable death in local hospital
- A West Midlands family have been commended by Coroner for "tenacity and perseverance in seeking answers"
- Compensation awarded to family for Grandmothers Grade 4 pressure sore
- Family take legal action after son dies following Covid vaccine
- Family to sue over hospital death
- Compensation awarded to a West Midlands family for pain and suffering arising from Wifes delayed cancer diagnosis