The Future of British Manufacturing Initiative (FoBMI), being led by Autodesk, is launching Digital Catalysts, a ground-breaking programme, on February 21 at the Autodesk Technology Centre in Small Heath, Birmingham.
This is exciting new initiative, aimed especially at SMEs, promises to assist both the world of UK manufacturing industry and higher education.
You are invited to the national launch of our Digital Catalyst Program, which aims to bridge the manufacturing skills gap by placing students into industry, accelerating the collaboration between education and industry in a radical new way.
The goal of the program is to connect industry with education in a manner that:
- Takes advantage of the student’s digital skills to inform industry of the digital opportunities that exist
- Helps SME’s investigate, adopt and use digital technologies to drive efficiency and productivity gains
- Exposes students to real design and manufacturing problems much sooner
- Encourages the student to follow a career within industry
Why should you attend?
We’re now ready to roll this program out nationally and are inviting LEPs, together with the top UK design and engineering universities, to our launch event where they can:
- Learn more about the Digital Catalyst Program
- Hear from real world SME’s about their experiences of working with Digital Catalysts
- Understand how to engage in the program and help close the UK skills gap
- Enjoy a tour of our Advanced Design & Manufacturing facility.
To find our more informaton or to register your place please use the button below: