Once we have passed our driving test many of us take our driving licence for granted, not giving a second thought to the consequences of losing our licence or facing a motoring offence charge.
Losing your licence can have a huge impact on your lifestyle and well-being and can often lead to loss of your job, relationship difficulties and cause a huge amount of inconvenience both for you and those who rely upon you.
Our specialist Motoring Offences Team have many years’ experience of advising clients in relation to a range of motoring offences including:
- Failure to identify driver
- Failure to identify driver suspected of an offence
- Drink and drug driving
- Careless driving including driving whilst using a mobile phone
- Using and permitting use of a vehicle without insurance
- Defective vehicles
- Points and disqualification including advising on any ‘special reasons’ which may apply to your case. A ‘special reason’ is a unique circumstance relevant to your case which may assist in mitigating the offence and reducing the penalty such as an emergency situation.
- 12 points or more. If you acquire 12 or more penalty points on your licence over a three year period you can be disqualified from driving under the 'totting up' provisions normally resulting in a driving ban of at least six months. In such a case we may be able to argue ‘exceptional hardship’ on your behalf in order to persuade the Court to impose a shorter disqualification.
To find out more about the motoring offences legal process and the potential costs involved, please click below:
Some offences (upon conviction) lead to a mandatory ban. Others attract penalty points. For some offences, for example, speeding or driving without due care and attention, there is a range of points with the number you receive depending on the circumstances and any aggravating or mitigating features. Twelve points within three years leads to a minimum 6 month ban unless you can show that you would suffer exceptional hardship.
We can advise you as to your prospects of successfully defending the motoring offence with which you are being charged. If a guilty plea is advised, we can present your case to the Court so that any punishment is kept to a minimum.
Our specialist Motoring Offences Team provide a specialist, bespoke service taking into account your individual circumstances and situation. Where it is required we work with expert barristers to ensure you have the best representation in Court and have successfully defended a number of complex and challenging cases.
We do not offer any legal aid assistance and advise only privately paying individuals.
If you have an enquiry in relation to a motoring offence or simply want to speak to a member of our friendly Team for further information and guidance, please use the request a call back or make an enquiry option to get in touch.