The fees and processes below cover all of the work required that may be required to complete the sale of your residential property.
Assumed Purchase Price: £200,175
Conveyancer’s fees and disbursements
Legal fees are usually between £700 - £1450 | Average £750
Electronic money transfer fee: £0.00
VAT payable fee ranges between £140 - £290 | Average £150
Estimated total: £900
Referral fee (if any)
Amount of referral fee paid: Where we pay a referral fee, it is no more than £100 and we will disclose this at the time of taking your instructions.
The recipient of the referral fee will only ever be your estate agent
Disbursements are costs related to your matter that are payable to third-parties, such as Land Registry fees. We handle the payment of the disbursements on your behalf to ensure a smoother process.
10% of all properties sold as Freehold have a Management Company maintaining the grounds | This cost could be between £100-£500.
HM Land Registry fee (Office Copy Entries: £6-£15) | Average £12
Estimated Sub Total: £312
How long will my house sale take?
How long it will take from your offer being accepted until you can move into your house will depend on a number of factors. The average process takes between 6–12 weeks.
It can be quicker or slower, depending on the parties in the chain. For example, if you are a first-time buyer purchasing a new build property with a mortgage in principle, it could take 4-6 weeks.
Stages of the process
The key stages of the process include:
- Take your initial instructions and provide initial advice;
- Send you our letter of engagement and confirmation of instructions with Property Information Forms and Fixtures and Fittings and Contents form;
- Obtain a copy of the title to the property and prepare a Contract.
- Send the draft Contract, copy title documents, Property Information Forms and Fixtures, Fittings and Contents form to the Buyer's Solicitors.
- Deal with enquiries the Buyers solicitors raise liaising with you as necessary;
- Agree the terms of the Contract;
- Send the Contract to you to sign;
- Prepare completion statement giving details of payments due to any existing mortgage lender, agent, legal fees etc;
- Exchange contracts and notify you that this has happened;
- Complete sale;
- Deal with redemption of any mortgage;
- Deal with payment to estate agent for marketing fees;
- Account to you with the sale proceeds;
- Send Transfer Deed and any other documentation necessary to Buyers solicitors;