There are times where the medical establishments and professionals we rely on, fail to provide the best care or treatment possible. Medical negligence, also referred to as Clinical negligence, can cause illness, further injuries and many other devastating outcomes.
All surgery comes with risk. Your surgeon should always discuss in detail the risks of the surgical procedure you are considering and the surgeon should document those risks to enable you to give your written consent. However, mistakes unfortunately can happen. Here are some examples:
- Unnecessary surgery (the surgery should not have been offered or undertaken)
- Avoidable damage to other parts of your body
- Failure to identify abnormalities during the investigatory procedure and following up treatment of the abnormality
- Surgery carried out on the wrong part of the body
- Leaving surgical instruments in your body after the surgical procedure
- Infections which could have been avoided
- Your condition is worsened by the surgery
We work on a no win, no fee and a free initial consultation basis providing you the opportunity to discuss your situation and the costs of pursuing a claim without obligation. We can arrange home and hospital visits to suit your requirements.
Our specialist Personal Injury solicitors are accredited by and members of the Association of Personal Injury Lawyers (APIL) and the Law Society's Personal Injury Panel. The Firm is also a member of the Action against Medical Accidents group (AVMA) and a panel solicitor member of Headway, the brain injury association.
If you feel your medical establishment has been negligent, our team of specialist lawyers are on hand to achieve the best outcome for you. Call 0800 111 6144 or make an online enquiry.